Labour Market Q4 Data Report
Key Trends in Hamilton’s Labour Market
- There was a significant change in the unemployment rate with a decrease in the fourth quarter of 2021 compared to the fourth quarter of 2020.
- Office Support Occupations jobs grew the most in quarter 4, growing by 5600 jobs
Technical occupations in art, culture, recreation and sport declined the most in total jobs decreasing by 2400 jobs
- There has been a decrease in job postings by 1.1% in the fourth quarter to 9,115 jobs in Hamilton compared to the third quarter
- Communication on, teamwork, and customer service skills remain the top 3 skills in the top 10 postings by skills as the quarter 3, 2021
- The labour market is getting tighter over the year, but has for the last few months hovered around 9%. Meaning there are about 9 unemployed persons per job posting